Section Inv – Invitation to Bid — EXPIRED
||Implementation of the 2016, 2017 Capital Fund Program for: Kitchen Cabinets, Floor Replacement & Counter Tops
||Monroe Housing Commission
20 North Roessler Street
Monroe, Michigan 48162
Greenwood Townhouses 900 Greenwood Avenue, Monroe, MI 48162 – Implementation of the 2016, 2017 Capital Fund Program for first floor interior kitchen and floor finish renovations of the 2, 3, & 4 bedroom apartments. In general the scope of work includes: Upper and lower kitchen cabinet, countertop, and plumbing fixture removal and replacement. Removal and replacement of top layer of flooring system (one layer each of underlayment and VCT tile flooring existing) to the original tile, installation of a new underlayment material and plank “wood look” vinyl flooring throughout the first floor of each apartment with the exception of the bathrooms and closets which are to have the top layer of VCT tile flooring removed and existing underlayment prepared for the new flooring. The apartments are to be occupied throughout the construction. The contractor shall be responsible for providing temporary relocation and storage of the occupant’s belongings in an on-site secured container throughout the construction of each unit. Work shall be completed in a fashion that minimizes the time of disruption to the tenants. Work shall include all necessary mechanical, plumbing, and electrical work for a complete installation. The goal is to complete renovations of the remaining 60 units within the complex. Work was recently completed in 55 units which includes a model unit that will be viewed during the pre-bid walk-through. This unit shall serve as the Owner’s base level of performance.
Bidders are encouraged to attend a Pre-Bid Conference and Walk-Through conducted by the Architect on Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 at 10:00 AM to be held at the Guard Shack to gain a better understanding and extent of the overall project scope. Bidders are required by the Instructions to Bidders to visit the Greenwood Townhouse site. The site is available for inspection 10:00 AM Wednesday, March 7, 2018 during the Pre-Bid Conference and, by appointment, from March 7th through March 14th Monday through Thursday between the hours of 10:00 AM and 3:30 PM. Appointments can be made by calling Monroe Housing Commission (734) 242-5880. A sign in sheet will be available at the site.
MISCELLANEOUS PROJECT INFORMATION
Material Specifications and Product Information are noted on the drawings. American made products are preferred.
Proposal is to reflect renovation/remodeling cost of (5) Ten Unit Townhouses & (2) Five Unit Townhouse including the cost of storage container units for tenant furnishings and equipment on site location. Contractor is to provide and pay for Storage Container Units.
- Contractor is to provide and pay for and locate on site; one container per unit under renovation.
- Contractor is to unhook, move to storage container and re-hook up appliances; those being refrigerator, stove, hood over the stove, tenant washer and dryer.
- Contractor to move all tenant furnishings and equipment located in kitchen, living room areas, closets and hallways of the first floor.
- Tenant will be responsible for furnishing packing boxes and packing personal contents contained in the proposed renovated area. Contractor to move tenant boxes to and from storage container unit.
- Contractor shall be Responsible for all Material and Labor Costs, including Taxes, Shipping Charges and Storage Costs, etc.
All questions, in written form, shall be directed to the office of the Architect, James S. Jacobs Architects, 25 Washington Street, Monroe, Michigan 48161. Phone: 734) 241-7933.
Email: Jeanette Marrs, Project Manager email@example.com.
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
RFI’S & BID CONTRACT QUESTIONS: Bidders are encouraged to submit questions to the Architect no later than Friday, March 23, 2018.
Contract Documents will be made available on the Monroe Housing Commission website at www.monroehousing.org on Friday, March 2, 2018 for potential bidders. One Set of Printed Contract Documents and Bid Package will be made available to General (Prime) Contractors at the Pre-Bid Conference.
Documents will be available for review at the office of the Architect; James S. Jacobs Architects, PLLC, 25 Washington Street, Monroe, Michigan 48161, (734) 241-793
BID BOND – Each proposal submitted must be accompanied by a bond from an approved surety company, in an amount not less than five (5%) percent of proposal amount. No other bid security will be accepted.
PERFORMANCE BOND – Each successful bidder will be required to furnish a performance bond and labor and materials payment bond equal to one hundred (100%) percent of the contract including accepted alternates, if any, and in accordance with the contract conditions. Premium for bonds shall be included in the base bid.
WAGE RATES – The rates of wages and fringe benefits to be paid to each class by the bidder, shall be not less than the wage and fringe benefit rates in accordance with Davis Bacon Wage Determination prevailing in the locality in which the work is to be performed and they must reflect the State of Michigan, Monroe County prevailing wage rates and fringe benefits.
BID PROPOSAL, DELIVERY AND OPENING
Contractors shall comply with HUD Section 3 requirements and shall make every effort to hire area residents.
- American made products are preferred.
- Bidders are to include the following documents with the Bid Form.
- HUD Form 5369A Representations & Other Statements
- HUD Form 2292 Certificate Re: Debarment/Suspension
- Non-Collusion Affidavit Non-Collusion Affidavit
- HUD 50070 Certificate Drug Free Workplace
- HUD 2530 OHF Certificate Previous Participation HUD
- Section 3 Implementation Plan
- Bid Bond
- Bid Proposals must be submitted in duplicate within a sealed envelope, and on form provided by the Architect.
- Bid proposals will be received at the office of the Owner:
Monroe Housing Commission
20 North Roessler Street
Monroe, Michigan 48162
Attn. Nancy Wain, Executive Director
- Prior to 3:00 PM Local Time Wednesday, March 28, 2018 and will be publicly opened and
read at 3:30 PM.
Emailed or Faxed Proposals will not be accepted.
Proposals delivered after the designated time will not be accepted.
Bidder may withdraw its bid at any time prior to the scheduled time for opening bids without penalty.
Owner reserves the right to reject any, part of any, or all bids and to waive any irregularities in bidding. Bid proposals shall not be withdrawn for a period of 60 days subsequent to opening of bid. Upon submission of all required documents, Contractor awarded the Contract shall be issued a Notice to Proceed.